For the 4th Annual LA Street Food Fest, which takes place this coming Saturday the 29th at Pasadena’s Rose Bowl, I’m proud to announce a new feature: “Caroline on Crack”-approved bars! What does that even mean? It means that you can be assured that you’re getting the best cocktails from some of the best bars and bartenders in Los Angeles. After all I’ve spent many years carefully researching their wares.
I’ve gotten to know Steve Livigni and Pablo Moix from their work at L.A. hot spots like La Descarga and Pour Vous where they created elegant and straightforward cocktails. They’ll be opening their booze geek’s paradise, new bar Old Lightning, in Marina Del Rey soon! Barman Julian Cox has been responsible for many of the notable (and my favorite) bar programs in our city like Rivera, Petty Cash, Sotto and wayy more. While Pasadena’s 1886 holds a special place close to my heart what with Marcos Tello behind its history-steeped cocktail program which has turned out modern classics as well as kept up on the latest cocktail trends and started new ones.
LA Street Food Fest’s Caroline on Crack Approved Bars
- Black Market Liquor Room (Steve Livigni & Pablo Moix) will be crafting cocktails with mezcal, including the “Tiger Style” with mezcal, lime, sugar, cucumber and black lava salt
- 1886 will be serving “Hemingway Daiquiri” with Flor de Cana rum, maraschino liqueur, lime, grapefruit****
- Soigne (Julian Cox and Josh Goldman) will be serving Liquid Nitrogen Frozen Otter Pops – Painkiller with Sailor Jerry rum, pineapple, coconut cream, orange juice and nutmeg
For More Drinking:
Congenial Spirits in VIP Lounge:
- Tapatio Blanco
- Tapatio Reposado
- Tapatio Anejo
- Tapatio B110 (110 proof Blanco)
- Cedar Ridge Iowa Whiskey
- Cedar Ridge Dark Rum
- Griff’s Cowboy Whiskey
- Charbay R5 Hop Flavored Whiskey
Milagro Tequila: a Mercadito with _Milagro Silver, lime juice, agave nectar, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeno _
Greenbar Distillery: the Honey Bear with _Slow Hand white whiskey, Bar Keep fennel bitters, fresh lemon juice, honey syrup _
Sailor Jerry: Port of Mischief with _Sailor Jerry, Lillet Rouge, fresh lime, pineapple juice, Angostura bitters, Peychauds bitters
Amazingly there are still VIP tickets left which are just $25 more than general admission and will get you two more hours than everyone else. Less lines means easier access to food and drinks. There’s also that VIP Lounge. Can’t wait! See you there.
EVENT: SATURDAY, JUNE 29 FROM 3 to 9pm (VIP)