This past Wednesday, Eater announced the winners of its annual Young Guns awards and for the first time ever the publication will celebrate them with a preview night of eating and drinking before the awards on Monday. The Eater Young Guns Eve party will take place at LACMA on Sunday, June 23 and you’re invited. That’s right, with the $95 ticket you get access to a three-hour open bar, live music and noms by the following Eater Young Guns chefs.
- Hourie Sahakian, 25: Pastry Chef, Short Cake, Los Angeles, CA
- Mitch Lienhard, 26: Sous Chef, Grace, Chicago, IL
- Matt Lackey, 27: Executive Chef, Flyte World Dining and Wine, Nashville, TN
- Jason Wang, 25: President, Xi’an Famous Foods, New York, NY
- Jessica Largey, 27: Chef de Cuisine, Manresa, Los Gatos, CA
- Jeremy Hoffman, 29: Chef de Cuisine, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
- Mike Brown, 28: Chef/Co-owner, Travail and Pig Ate My Pizza, Robbinsdale, MN
- Ryan Lachaine, 38: Sous Chef, Underbelly, Houston, TX
Eater “Young Guns,” which sounds bad-ass, are a select few of 30-and-under exceptional chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers and hospitality professionals who have stood out over the past year. Last year’s L.A. young guns were Cole Dickinson (Ink) and Natasha Phan (Kogi).
Anyhoo, back to that open bar. It’ll be hosted by Bombay Sapphire East and feature a reimagined gin and tonic as well as a cocktail called the Far East Side by Patina Group’s Paul Sanguinetti. His cocktail is made with Bombay East, lemon juice, agave, banana pepper and cucumbers. Mmm, sounds spicy and refreshing!
EVENT: SUNDAY, JUNE 23 from 6 to 9pm
5905 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90036 (map)