Don’t let this year’s unfortunate placement of Halloween in the middle of a work week (seriously, wtf?) stop you from celebrating your favorite holiday properly, the BOOzy way. Check out these spooky-delicious Halloween cocktails available around town tomorrow only.
Cecconi’s and Compartes Chocolatier’s Cocktail Party: Satisfy your craving for bad Halloween candy (mm, fun size Butterfingers) with the good stuff at this decadent holiday affair. Mixologist Chris Ojeda created a special cocktail menu to complement the designer chocolates of pumpkin, pecan pie, Mexican hot chocolate and olive oil rosemary, to name a few.
- **Hot Pumpkin-Buttered Rum **– Appleton VX Rum warmed with maple pumpkin butter and honey, served in a toddy glass and finished with nutmeg
- Fair and Warmer Cocktail #2 – JM Rhum VSOP, roasted pumpkin seed-infused Dry Vermouth, housemade Curacao and Montengro Amaro.
- 50/50 – An equal measure of Bombay London Dry Gin and Martini Bianco stirred and strained into a cocktail coupe
**Corner Door’s Halloween Night New Cocktail Menu Debut: **It’s out with the old and in with the new cocktails at this Halloween party. Drinks off old summer menu, like faves Mezcallin and Fortune & Glory, will be priced at $8 all night, while Corner Door bartender Beau Du Bois’ new menu of 10 new cocktails debuts at $9 after 9pm.
- Big Kid Juice Box – vodka, yellow chartreuse, apple juice, lemon juice, sugar, orange zest
- 7 Minutes in Heaven – pear brandy, St. Germain, Lillet, lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg
- That Girl Is Dangerous – reposado tequila, aperol, lemon juice, vanilla orgeat
- Secret Stachio – cognac, pistachio liqueur, Combier, lemon juice, sugar
- Teacher’s Lounge – rum, coconut liqueur, fernet, espresso, lemon juice, orgeat
- Kinda Bougie – rye, quinquina, pineau de charentes, apricot brandy
- Lumberjack Liquor Cabinet – bourbon, apple brandy, maple syrup, cinnamon smoke
- King’s Assassin – gin, blanc sweet vermouth, Salers, Cocchi Americano, Cointreau
- Old Havana Mistress – aged rum, dry vermouth, dry curaçao, sherry
- Grandma’s Pack of Cigarettes – rye, Punt e Mes, crème de cacao, coffee chili bitters
Sadie’s Boo Switch Mixology: DJ/bartender Dave Fernie and Sadie director of spirits Giovanni Martinez celebrate the haunted holiday with tunes and specialty cocktails like Potion Porton (Pisco Porton, mint, ginger-honey syrup, lime juice, yuzu bitters) and Sacrificial Chicken (Pisco Porton, egg whites, simple syrup and lime). Indulge in bar bites like $9 Madres curry absinthe mussels and $6 ahi tuna tacos. Bonus? No cover!
Playa’s Zombie Punch: For Halloween, the Beverly Boulevard restaurant will be serving up a Zombie punch with three rum medley, brandy, pineapple, lime juice and topped with dry ice. If you weren’t a zombie before you walked into Playa, by the looks of this cocktail you’ll be one by the time you amble out. Here’s the recipe for you to make it at home.
by Julian Cox and Jeremy Lake
- 1 oz Puerto Rican rum
- 1 oz dark Jamaican rum
- 1 oz 151 Demerara rum
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz Falernum
- 3/4 oz maraschino
- 1/4 tsp grenadine
- Dash Angostura
- Dash Pastis
Combine ingredients in shaker full of ice, shake and strain over glass of crushed ice, garnish with mint sprig.