With the California foie gras ban coming up on Sunday, L.A. restaurants have been hosting foie-focused dinners and specials like crazy much to the chagrin of desperate foodies everywhere. There’s the $185 “Foie for All” dinner at Melisse and The Royce at the Langham’s “30 Ways in 3 Days: Foie Gras Farewell” dinner with its $20 a la carte dishes (three dish minimum). But leave it to Beer Belly in Koreatown to actually make foie approachable, right down to foie-punny names. This Saturday it’ll host a special dinner with foie gras as the star ingredient in its bar food dishes.
Check out this menu which Beer Belly owner Jimmy Han was nice enough to offer beer pairing suggestions for. They’re on tap so pair at will. By the way, prices for the dishes are still to come.
- Protestor Fries: Foie Gras Hollandaise with Spicy Truffle Ketchup with Craftsman Bier de Blanco
- Duck! What the FOIE are you doing here with Orzo?!: Orzo Macaroni & Foie Beer Cheese, House Made Duck Bacon with The Bruery Trade Winds Tripel
- Benjamin Foieklin: Philly Cheesesteak with Foie Gras Cheese Whiz with Onions with Stone Double Dry Hopped IPA
- FOIE-Q You: Seared Foie Gras Sliders, Quail Egg, Pickled Shallots, House-made Spicy Apple Beer Mustard with Beachwood Brewing Mandarin Dream
- Deep Fried FoieGoreos: Oreos, Foie Gras Icing, Strawberry Puree, Nutella with Smog City Groundwork Coffee Porter
It’s a heart attack and a half but, you know what they say, go big or go home.
EVENT: SATURDAY, JUNE 30