The Raymond’s 1886 Bar debuts its new spring cocktail menu today! The new list is a collaborative effort by head barman Marcos Tello and his bar crew at 1886, plus esteemed mixologists like Alex Day (formerly of Death & Co.) and Vincenzo Marianella (Copa d’Oro). With the use of ingredients like strawberries and kumquats and light taste profiles, the new menu emulates the freshness of spring. Bonus is the coffee cocktails featuring a coffee-infused Gran Classico and another with Chicory-coffee-infused rye whiskey!
I haven’t had a chance to check out the new goods yet but will do so asap. In any case, you can find the complete list of all 16 cocktails on my LAist post. But here are the ones whose descriptions make me oh-so thirsty.
- Crushed Strawberry Fizz: housemade strawberry syrup, gin, lemon and egg whites.
- Fish House Punch: A single-serving version of a punch — rum, cognac, peach and nutmeg — said to have rendered George Washington speechless back in the day at Philadelphia’s Fish House Club.
- Reunion Island Cocktail: A coffee homage by barista/1886 bartender Laura Lindsay — Bols Genever, coffee-infused Gran Classico and Carpano Antica. I think this could be my new favorite.
- Saladito: Inspired by a childhood memory of spiced Mexican candy — mezcal, lime, honey, salt and chile with a “surprise” on the side.
- Southern Belle: This one is from Vincenzo. Muddled kumquats and mint with housemade vanilla syrup, Licor 43 and bourbon.