The LA Marathon is this Sunday but for all other non-athletic types (raises hand) here’s a bunch of fattening fun for you.
Thursday, March 17
Scoops Westside Goes Irish
These special holiday flavors are sure to get your Irish eyes smiling: green white chocolate, non-dairy pandan Oreo, Bailey’s Irish Cream ricotta, Guinness chocolate. It’s so how I’m gonna celebrate St. Patty’s Day!
- Scoops Westside, 3400 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles (map). (323) 405-7055.
Baileys, Guinness and Jameson Sorbet Flights at the Langham’s Tap Room
Sure, the Tap Room is also featuring special holiday drinks like $12 Jameson Julep and $14 Bushmills Irish martini but that boozy sorbet flight is the one that caught my eye. If you don’t wanna be out during this dangerous drinking time, you can enjoy these now through Saturday.
- The Langham Pasadena, 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue, Pasadena (map). (626) 568-3900.
St. Patrick’s Pub Crawl LomoMission
This sounds like the funnest pub crawl evuh! For $15 you get a metro day pass, loaner Lomo camera and two rolls of film. The crawl will take you through WeHo bars where you are to drink stuff like Shamrock shots and green beer and capture the moment via Lomo. Call to register at (323) 301-1414.
- 7-9pm. $15. Lomography Gallery, 7998 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood (map). (323) 301-1414.
Grilled Cheese and Beer Tasting Event at Vintage Enoteca
Probably the fanciest grilled cheese and beer you’ve ever had. This special event will pair cheddar, bacon and caramelized onion on country white with Val-Dieu Brown Ale and gorgonzola and truffle honey on black rye with St. Peter’s Cream Stout. For $30 you get four pairings.
- Thursday-Sunday. Vintage Enoteca, 7554 W. Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles (map). (323) 512-5278.
Friday, March 18
The Neverending Story/Labyrinth Double Feature Drink-Along
Wear your favorite ’80s fantasy costume for a chance to win a mystery prize at this unusual double feature. For the actual drinking game, rules include take a swing whenever you see David Bowie playing with his orb or whenever you see a large snail. So weird and fun. Love this theater and don’t forget to check out the rooftop view.
- 7pm. $10 advance/$12 door. Downtown Independent, 251 S. Main Street, Downtown (map). (213) 617-1033.
Monday, March 21
Silverlake Wine’s Scotch Tasting at the Griffin
Scotch expert Ed Kohl will take you through eight scotches, among them Ardmore Speyside 18 year, Mortlach (Sherry) Cask Strength Speyside 15 year and Isle of Jura (bourbon barrel) Island 14 year. Drink and learn how to appreciate the good stuff.
- 7pm. $35. The Griffin, 3000 Los Feliz Boulevard, Los Angeles (map). Reservations: (323) 662-9024.