For cocktail enthusiasts, it’s all about the back bar action at new East Hollywood bar Harvard & Stone where there’s a fresh new cocktail menu every night. “The point to the back is R&D [research & development], to have fun and push the limit,” said H&S mixologist Pablo Moix. And every month a new spirit is showcased. Since it’s Whiskey February, Pablo created a tiki-inspired menu featuring the likes of Rittenhouse and Elijah Craig. If you like what you see, swing by H&S tonight since that’s the only time these drinks will be available!
- Buck 50: Evan Williams black bourbon, fresh pressed pineapple juice, house made ginger syrup, freshly squeezed lime juice, Angostura bitters & soda
- Liquid Swords: Fighting Cock bourbon, freshly squeezed blood orange juice, cherry heering & vya sweet vermouth
- Mai-date: Fresh date-infused Rittenhouse bonded rye, housemade orgeat, curacao, freshly squeezed lime & Angostura bitters
- Nielsen?s Box: Rittenhouse bonded rye, wine in a box, Disaronno, freshly squeezed lemon juice, egg white and cinnamon
- …Only Built 4 Cuban Linx: Elijah Craig 12, Benedictine, honey, chai tea, water & handmade to order vanilla bean whipped cream (served hot)
Pablo also gave me a sneaky peek of what he has in store for R&D next Saturday the 4th. All I’ll say is “’80s college cocktail throwback!” Oh, and wine coolers with gin and white Zinfandel syrup. Yum and fun!