It’s gonna be a boozy one.
Thursday, February 17
Buy Tickets for Silverlake Wine’s Rye Whiskey Tasting
What makes a great Manhattan? The perfect rye. Now’s your chance to taste some good ones and find your preferred Manhattan ingredient at this Silverlake Wine tasting where Pikesville, Redemption, Michter’s, Sazerac, Copper Fox and the Thomas H. Handy are on the docket. Make your reservations now for this February 23 event: (323) 662-9024.
- February 23 at 7pm. $35 cash. The Griffin, 3000 Los Feliz Boulevard, Los Angeles (map). Reservations: (323) 662-9024.
Friday, February 18
Anthony Bourdain Lecture
Food fans will no doubt flock to this lecture by Anthony Bourdain even if it is in Cerritos. The best-selling author and No Reservations host will speak on topics ranging from the celeb-chef phenomenon to the culture of cooking. A Q&A with the man will follow the lecture.
- 8pm. $60-$90. Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 12700 Center Court, Cerritos (map). (562) 916-8501.
Open Bar: 1-Year Anniversary of Lomography Gallery Store LA
Open bar, free food, live entertainment by Crystal Antlers and a Lomographic goodies raffle. Now THAT’s a party. Celebrate the gallery’s one year of existence in fun, fab style. And did I already mention the free booze?
- 8pm. Lomography Gallery Store, 7998 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood (map). (323) 301-1414.
Saturday, February 19
Decadestwo.1 Shoe and Dress Sale
This is going to be a mad house. A mad house! Every pair of sexy designer stilettos, booties, flats is $150 (limit 2 per customer). We’re talking footwear by Chanel, Louboutin, Alaia! For only $150! PLUS, the store will also be launching its $250 dress section so you can pair your fab shoe finds without a gorgeous designer frock.
- 9am. Decadestwo.1, 8214 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles (map).
Sunday, February 20
Grey Goose Cocktail Pairing and 5-Course Dinner
Nic’s Chef Larry Nicola is teaming up with Grey Goose’s brand ambassador and mixologist Guillaume Jubien to create a boozy five-course dinner. They’ll start off with poached lobster and a Tangerine Sour cocktail (Grey Goose Le Citron, pink peppercorns and roses) and finish off with a Mousse a la Orange and a Le Noir cocktail of Grey Goose L’Orange, passion fruit and coconut foam.
- 6:30pm. $110. Nic’s Beverly Hills, 453 N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills (map). (310) 550-5707.