My favorite SoCal brewery, The Bruery, is teaming up with chef Eric Greenspan of The Foundry on Melrose for Dionicess VIII, an ambitious beer-paired lunch and beer-paired dinner for the ultimate beer fan/food enthusiast. Guests have the choice of either doing the 4-course lunch ($45) at 1pm, the 6-course dinner ($85) at 6pm or going whole hog the whole day (both lunch and dinner) for $115! For a peek at the menu, hit the jump.
How to kill time between lunch and dinner if you’re doing both? From Brand X:
Kazanchayan says the gang is currently toying with activities…including an “Iron Chef” viewing (Greenspan recently competed) or a Melrose Blvd. excursion to gain back your appetite. Greenspan might also offer up the Foundry’s patio for disco naps.
As an extra incentive, as if you needed one, there will be two beers included that are only available at The Bruery and The Bruery Provisions store as well as three that are no longer available at all for public purchase.
Since seating is limited, best to purchase your tickets asap. You have to pre-register to attend as there are no walk-ins allowed.
EVENT: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27 at 1pm and 6pm
The Foundry on Melrose
7465 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90046 (map)
Each course below includes the Bruery beer it will be paired with.
- Goat Cheese and Orange Rillettes / flatbread / herbed oil with Orchard White
- Endive Salad / taleggio / Asian pear / hazelnut oil with Saison Rue
- Confit of Rabbit / lemon / date / olive / harissa with Loakal Red
- Pecan Coconut and Cocoa Tartlet / bourbon ice cream / corn flakes feuilletine _with a rare dessert beer (Hmm, Black Tuesday? I wish!)
- Charred Mackerel / grapefruit juice / oil with Saison de Lente
- Crispy Skin Loup de Mer / spicy lemongrass broth / siriacha kimchee mushroom ragout with Mischief
- Fried Chicken Oysters / cheddar cheese / biscuit bread pudding / collard greens / honey & black pepper gastrique with Premiere
- Mascarpone and Black Pepper Gelato Quenelle / strawberry gooseberry cranberry compote / balsamic reduction / tarragon with a rare and limited release beer
- Duck Breast ?Reuben? / mustard / sauerkraut with Rugbrod
- Dark Chocolate Crepes / burnt orange marmalade / cinnamon and nutella ice cream with a rare dessert beer (Umm, Chocolate Rain? Fingers crossed.)