Just got the heads-up about this from Goldstar: discounts off a couple of the hottest food festival tickets! Only problem? They’re both for the same day, Sunday, September 5! Oh, the humanity! So to help you decide, here’s a quick breakdown of each event’s discount offer.
- Free-flowing Bloody Marys, Bellinis and Mimosas!
- Wine sessions as well as beer and cocktail tastings.
- Brunch from the best restaurants in LA, including Comme Ca, Huckleberry and Craft.
- Live chef demos by Ray Garcia of The Fig, Scott Conant of Scarpetta and more.
- KCRW pie contest with Evan Kleiman.
- “LA’s best DJs” and Jason Bentley is the event’s musical director.
- Food Network Lounge surrounded by food trucks from The Great Food Truck Race, like Nom Nom Truck and Crepes Bonaparte.
- More food trucks, including Coolhaus, Ahn Joo and Buttermilk Truck.
- Mixologist demonstrations, panel discussions and book signings.
- Concert by indie pop duo, She & Him, which is awesome if you like them. If you don’t, well, you can skip this.
- All day (8 hours) versus ToBH’s five-hour event. LAT’s general admission $33/VIP $75 vs. ToBH’s $62.50.
- You can buy VIP or general (or just for the concert). But I’d go with the VIP ticket which is $50 less than the regular price of $125. This way you get unlimited tastings as opposed to just 8, AND you have access to the VIP tasting area.
So which is it going to be? ToBH or LATCFW? Speaking of which, you still have til 3pm today to get your entries in for a chance to win tickets to the LA Times’ event.