Forget the beach bbqs during Labor Day Weekend, people, you’re going to want to save your appetite for the good stuff: the LA Times‘ first food fest, Los Angeles Times Celebration of Food & Wine, is all day Sunday, September 5, at Paramount Pictures Studio Backlot in Hollywood.
It’s going to be a potpourri of foodie goings-on and I’ve got the exclusive on some of the specifics! (I’ve always wanted to say that.)
- Pick up secret recipes from the Times’ test kitchen
- Listen in on a wine chat with Bar Covell‘s Dustin Lancaster and Matthew Kaner
- Learn a new cocktail recipe or two during the mixology demo by Alie and Georgia, the girls behind those adorable McNuggetini and Bloody Bacon & Cheese cocktail videos
- Put LA Times food editor Russ Parsons in the hot seat for the Q&A
- Salivate over the farm-to-table cooking demos featuring Suzanne Goin of AOC/Lucques/Tavern and Mark Peel of Campanile
- Discover how John Sedlar (Rivera), Jimmy Shaw (Loteria Grill) and Ricardo Zarate (Mo-Chica) reinvented Latin cuisine, via a panel moderated by Russ Parsons
Of course you’ll get to sip and nibble as there will be over 100 food and beverage exhibitors. And after the demos, there will even be a concert featuring indie duo She & Him. Man, what a lovely and exhausting eight hours it’s going to be!
Tickets: General admission tickets ($55 advance, $65 door) give you access to eight tastings, the panel discussions and demos, the Food Network lounge, the concert and the food trucks (you have to pay for the additional food from the trucks). VIP tickets ($125 advance, $135 door) get you all that plus unlimited samplings of the food and drinks and access to the VIP tasting area!
OK, so who wants two free general admission tickets (value: $110) to LA Times Celebration of Food & Wine food festival on Labor Day Weekend? You do, you say?
Well, for your chance at the tickets all you have to do is the following:
- Leave a comment below (one entry per person) with your email address and your Twitter handle as well as who’s your favorite chef in all of LA.
- Tweet this: ?I?m hungry, @carolineoncrack! Gimme tix to #latfoodwine! https://is.gd/enLO6?
- And lastly become a fan of (aka ?Like?) my Facebook page.
You have to do all of the above for your contest submission to be valid.
Contest ends next Wednesday the 25th at 3pm PST. I’ll then plug the entries into the Randomizer, pick a winner and notify them the next morning on the 26th. If I don’t hear back from the winner by 10am I’ll pick another name, so make sure to keep an eye on your inboxes! The winner will then be announced at noon that Thursday.
Good luck, all!
EVENT: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5 from 12pm to 8pm
Paramount Studios Backlot
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, California 90038 (map)