*\*CONTEST IS CLOSED****
With only four days until the LA Street Food Fest at the Rose Bowl, I’m sure you’ve heard all about it by now. That you get to eat food from over 60 LA food trucks, enjoy live music at an outdoor concert, partake of an ice cream social, shop the Unique LA Marketplace, explore the tequila and mezcal tasting and indulge in the open bars featuring Sailor Jerry Rum and Camarena Tequila. I know, it’s pretty awesome and it’s definitely the must-do this weekend if you’re a fan of food trucks, nomminess and tasty cocktails.
But if that’s not enough to get you champing at the bit, I’ve got more good news for you that isn’t even published on the event’s site yet but has been confirmed by Shawna Dawson, co-founder of the LA Street Food Fest.
Skilled mixologists Michel Dozois (Neve Ice) and Devon Espinosa (Tasting Kitchen) have created special cocktails — a couple for the VIP hour and two more for general admission — just for the occasion.
VIP Hour Cocktails:
- #5 (by Michel) — Camerena Reposado, freshly squeezed lemon juice, chili slices and fresh cherries
- Camarena Fresca (by Devon) — Camarena Silver, Lime, St. Germain topped with sparkling lemonade
General Admission Cocktails (both by Michel):
- Los Pelomas — Camerena Reposado, fresh grape fruit juice, simple syrup and a splash of soda
- Mexican Spice — Camerena Silver, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave nectar and a strawberry
Also, Sailor Jerry Rum will offer the thirst-quenching Arnold Palmer and its signature Dark & Stormy made with spicy ginger beer. Perfect for a warm summer day.
So if you’ve already bought your tickets you’re probably very happy right now. But if you haven’t yet, you procrastinator, I’m sorry to say that all the general admission tickets have sold out as of this morning.
If you don’t mind splurging a bit and getting in early there are still a few VIP tickets available. At $65 a person, you get entrance into the event an hour and a half before everyone else, access to the VIP parking lot, those two bonus cocktails and special food items plus a surprise guest on stage. Not too shabby, and if you want to get in the event, VIP is the only way to go.
That is unless you win the pair of VIP tickets (worth $130) I’m giving away! That’s right, one lucky crackhead will get to attend the LA Street Food Fest in style. Lucky!
For your chance at the tickets all you have to do is the following:
- Leave a comment below with your email address (so I can contact you if you win) and your Twitter handle as well as which food truck you’re looking forward to trying at the fest.
- Tweet this: ?I’m hungry, @carolineoncrack! Gimme VIP tix to @lafoodfest! https://bit.ly/d3w3gZ?
- And lastly become a fan of (aka ?Like?) my Facebook page.
**You have to do all of the above for your contest submission to be valid.**
Contest ends Thursday at 7pm PST. And at 1pm PST on Friday the 23rd, I?ll plug the entries into the randomizer, pick out a winner and notify you.
Good luck, all! By the way, if you don’t win this time, make sure to buy your tickets online as they won’t be sold at the door.
EVENT: SATURDAY, JULY 24 4pm (VIP) or 5:30pm (general admission)