Next week’s Radio Room at the Edison Downtown will bring a little bit of Gotham to Los Angeles as Manhattan bar Ward III — an upscale drinking hole known for quality, experimental cocktails — will be featured. The owner and bartenders of Ward III — Michael Neff, Kenneth McCoy and Abdul Tabini — will strut their stuff on the shakers during the popular monthly bar night on Tuesday, July 13.
Here’s their list of cocktails ($14 each) for the evening:
- Baby Eveline (by Michael Neff): Muddled strawberries, lemon juice, Peychaud bitters, Martini & Rossi Prosecco and vodka of your choice
- Four Stars (by Michael Neff): Herradura silver tequila, lime juice, muddled rosemary and cilantro, and a dab of Sriracha hot sauce
- Hell Bent for Leather (by Kenneth McCoy): The Edison?s private bottling of Woodford Reserve bourbon, Irish whiskey, orange & lemon peel and muddled cardamom seed
- The Collective (by Kenneth McCoy): Dewar?s 12, Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth, clover honey, lemon juice, orange bitters and egg whites
- Angel Zakir (by Abdul Tabini): Martin Miller?s gin, muddled cucumber, basil and lime juice and Aperol
- Tortuga (by Abdul Tabini): Bacardi 8 rum, muddled lime, orange & lemon with a dusting of shaved cinnamon
OK, now for the part you’ve been waiting for. I’m giving away a VIP night at this Radio Room. This prize package (valued at $250) includes:
- Free entrance for 4 guests (cover is normally $10)
- A reserved table for the evening
- 8 complimentary cocktails tickets so you can sample the entire menu, plus some from Joseph Brooke, the Edison’s director of spirits
- A selection of complimentary hors d?oeuvres
Pretty suh-weet, right? I love it all: free entrance, guaranteed seating, freebie cocktails and food! And all you have to do to enter the contest for a chance at this fab prize is the following, oh and be on Twitter AND Facebook. Sorry, non social media types:
- Leave a comment below with your email address (so I can contact you if you win) and your Twitter handle as well as what?s your favorite classic cocktail.
- Tweet this: ?I need a drink @carolineoncrack! Gimme tix to @TheEdisonLA?s Radio Room! https://bit.ly/aU4kAq”
- And lastly become a fan of (aka “Like”) my Facebook page.
**You have to do all of the above for your contest submission to be valid.**
Contest ends Sunday at 7pm PST. And at 1pm PST on Monday the 12th, I?ll plug your entries into the randomizer, pick out a winner and notify you.
Good luck, all! Oh, and if you win, remember to tip your bartenders and servers! Just because it’s free doesn’t mean you still shouldn’t show your appreciation for their service!
EVENT: TUESDAY, JULY 13 at 8pm