I was so bummed that I had to miss Silverlake Wine‘s rum tasting last week since I was at the tail end of my booze fast so imagine my glee when I heard that everyone’s favorite wine store is doing a Scotch tasting just next week! THAT I can do!
Signatory Scotch brand ambassador Ed Kohl will lead tasters through eight different Scotches at the event, which will be held at Three Clubs in Hollywood, same location as last week’s tasting.
The whiskey list:
- Ben Nevis 1992 17-year Cask Strength
- Auchentoshan 1999 10-year un-chillfiltered
- Linkwood 1995 14-year un-chillfiltered
- Glen Grant 1997 12-year 86 proof
- Isle of Skye 8-year Blend
- Edradour Caledonia 12-year un-chillfiltered
- Smokehead Islay Single Malt
- Laphroaig 2001 8-year un-chillfiltered
Awesome thing is that it’s only $40 (cash at the door) to partake. For eight whiskeys! And if you would like to purchase your favorites from the event, you get 15% discount off their regular price. Purchases are available for pick-up at the store.
Two things, though: 1) You must make reservations by calling (323) 662-9024, NOT Three Clubs and 2) the event starts at 7pm sharp so be on time.
EVENT: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7 at 7pm
1123 Vine Street
Los Angeles, California 90038 (map)
Reservations: (323) 662-9024