Have you always wanted to check out the fabulous Radio Room night at the Edison downtown but have an aversion to cover charges? I feel ya, that’s why I was ecstatic when Dan Cox of Dan Cox PR offered me a pair of VIP tickets to give away to one of my lucky readers for next week’s Radio Room.
If you’ve never heard of the Radio Room, it’s one night in mixology heaven where once a month the Edison brings over some of the best bartenders from around the country. So you don’t have to trek all the way to New York’s Death & Company to enjoy a cocktail made by mixologist Alex Day or to Portland to get a taste of mixologist Jeffrey Morgenthaler’s creations.
And for next week, guest bartenders will include the Edison’s brand-new Director of Spirits, Joseph Brooke. It’ll probably be one of the rare moments that you’ll be able to get a drink made by him since he’ll undoubtedly have his hands full running the Edison from now on. (Although you will still be able to visit him at Copa d’Oro in Santa Monica til April 1.) Joe will be joined by the highly esteemed Brian Miller of New York’s Death & Company and Erick Castro of San Francisco’s Bourbon & Branch/Rickhouse Bar.
Radio Room Cocktail List ($14 each):
- Gilda (by Brian): Herradura Blanco Tequila, fresh pineapple and lime juices, blended with cinnamon bark syrup.
- High Tea (by Joe): Black tea-infused London Dry Gin, honey, lemon and milk topped with soda.
- Hispaniola (by Brian): Flor de Cana Rum infused with Summer Royale Tea with a splash of lime, a hint of fresh sugar cane and ginger syrup.
- Kentucky Buck (by Erick): Woodford Reserve Bourbon, lemon juice, turbinado simple, strawberry puree and ginger beer.
- Miss Behavin’ (by Brian): 100-proof Laird’s bonded apple brandy with Clear Creek Pear Brandy, citrus sugar and topped with champagne.
- The Porco Rosso (by Joe): High West Rye Whiskey, Aperol, Carpano Antica with bitters and citrus.
- Sancho’s Lady (by Erick): Herradura Blanco Tequila and LeCompte Calvafos with orange juice, lemon, turbinado simple and small hands grenadine.
So the winner of this pair of tickets not only gains free entry (reg. $10/person) to the Edison but THREE DRINK TICKETS (value $14 per drink) per person! AND a reserved table for the evening.
Maan, that’s better than the deal I’m getting which is a media pass and a drink ticket. OK, I’m not really complaining. I promise to be happy for whomever wins.
OK so how do you win these tickets? Just do the following:
- Leave a comment below with your email address (so I can contact you if you win) and your Twitter handle as well as what’s your go-to cocktail after a hard day. There is no right answer, I’m just curious.
- Tweet this: “I need a drink @carolineoncrack! Gimme tix 2 The Edison’s Radio Room! https://bit.ly/c5myF3”
At 1pm PST on Monday the 22nd, I’ll plug your entries into the randomizer, pick out a winner and notify you.
Good luck! Oh, and BTW, if you win, remember to be nice to your bartenders and servers! And I’m not talking just a pretty smile; tip!