Valentine’s Day? Phooey! A sane person can only stand so much pink hearts, flying babies and PDA, unless it’s in the form of a cocktail dedicated to the holiday, that is. The following are the lusty libations that will be featured at various bars and restaurants around L.A. this coming V Day weekend. Toast a loved one or your crew of single pals.
Matt Biancaniello of the Hollywood Roosevelt’s Library Bar is a big ol’ softie. The star of his Valentine cocktail menu, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, will only be available on V Day Sunday. Why? Because he wants it to be special. The rest of the roster, on the other hand, can be ordered the whole weekend. Each cocktail is $15.
- Blood & Spice: Milagro Silver tequila, cayenne pepper, lime, agave, fresh blood orange juice
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry: Strawberry-infused 360 vodka with homemade chocolate syrup
- Cupid’s Bubble Bath: Muddled blackberries and raspberries, Chambord, Mumm’s sparkling white, and topped with a St. Germain foam
- Pomegranate Kiss: Ketel One Citroen Vodka, lime, pomegranate liqueur, fresh pomegranate seeds, edible flowers
Berry in Love Cocktail ($12) — RH at Andaz: Made with muddled raspberries, rosewater, St. Germain, vodka and pineapple juice. You can enjoy this at the RH bar along with chocolate truffles and macaroons.
Cherry Amore ($14) — Cecconi’s: A concoction of prosecco, Cherry Heering liquor, orange bitters, fresh lemon juice, a blood orange slice and brandied cherry garnish.
Cuore in Fuocato aka Heart on Fire ($12) — Drago Centro: Plymouth Gin, Thai Chili, Crème de Peche, pomegranate, cranberry, lemon served in a sugar rimmed martini glass!
The Rosebud Martini ($13) — The Edison Downtown: Organic vodka, hibiscus liqueur and fresh lemon topped with a splash of Champagne Rose and garnished with a rose petal.
Valentine’s Crush Cocktail ($13) — Morton’s The Steakhouse: Absolut Citron, Grand Marnier, Raspberry Puree & Segura Viudas Sparkling.
Valhrona Chocolate Milkshake ($9) — BLT Steak: Nothing says I like you a whole lot like chocolate, and this decadent treat is made with a very rich Godiva chocolate liqueur.
Comme Ca has three three specialty cocktails for lovey-dovey-ness:
- Chocolate Covered Cherry ($12): Creme de Cacoa, Cherry Heering, Scotch, egg white and a brandied cherry
- Cupid?s Arrow ($11): Rum, lime, dash of simple and muddled strawberries topped with shaved ice and muddled strawberries
- 43 Lovers ($11): Liqueur 43, vodka, cream, simple syrup, lime, strawberries
Rush Street in Culver City is offering a slew of confectionary cocktails. And from 10pm to midnight on February 14th they’ll be passing out free shots of American Honey whiskey to all patrons:
- Chocolate Cake Shot ($9): Ketel Citron, Frangelico and a lemon wedge covered in sugar
- Chocolate & Cherries ($10): Kahlua, Baileys and Grenadine
- cRush Martini ($11): Southern Comfort, Peach Schnapps, Chambord, and Pineapple
- Cupid’s Arrow ($10): Three Olives Pomegranate Vodka, Prosecco, Grenadine
- Tootsie Roll ($10): Absolute Vodka, Triple Sec, Crème de Cacao Dark, splash of OJ