Why take a weekend off to enjoy wine country in the far-off likes of Sonoma and Paso Robles when we have great wineries in our own beautiful beachy backyard? Malibu to be exact.
And if Malibu is still too far for you, my traffic-challenged friend, Pourtal Wine Tasting Bar in Santa Monica is featuring Malibu wines for the month of January. This Wednesday, the “Made in Malibu” tasting series kicks off with a launch party where you can chat with reps from the featured wineries. To join in the fun, purchase a $15 tasting card and you get $15 worth of wine tastings from the Enomatic machines as well as special hand-poured vino and complimentary appetizers.
The featured wines:
- 2006 Hoyt Family Vineyards Chardonnay
- 2008 Republic of Malibu Pink Lady Rose
- 2007 Cielo Malibu Rouge
- 2001 Semler Cabernet Sauvignon Library Release
- 2005 Semler Syrah
- 2005 Rosenthal Malibu Newton Canyon Merlot
- 2004 Rosenthal Surfrider Red
- 2007 Griffin Family Vineyard Malbec
- 2007 Jim Palmer’s Malibu Vineyards “Vortex” Sangiovese
- 2008 Malibu Sanity Pinot Noir, Schetter Malibu Vineyard
If you miss the party this week, Pourtal will be hosting a few of the select Malibu wineries for a special hand-poured tasting series ($15 minimum tasting card purchase required) where reps will be pouring about three wines each.
The wines in the Enomatic machines are priced 1-ounce a pour and there will also be two Malibu wines available on Pourtal’s wine-by-the-glass menu.
“Made in Malibu” runs through January 31.
EVENT: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6 from 7 to 10pm
Pourtal Wine Tasting Bar
104 Santa Monica Boulevard
Santa Monica, California 90401 (map)