Uh oh, I think Checkers Downtown got my beloved Copa d’Oro beat in the cheap classic cocktail arena! This Thursday from 4 to 8pm, the newly redesigned Hilton Hotel bar will be featuring $4 classic cocktails from Woodford Reserve. Yum!
- Old Fashioned: Woodford Reserve Bourbon, sugar cube, dashes of Angostura Bitters, club soda
- Beehive Cocktail: Woodford Reserve Bourbon, fresh grapefruit juice, honey
- Bourbon Daisy: Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Southern Comfort, fresh lemon juice, grenadine, club soda
- Woody Jack: Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Laird’s Apple Jack, pomegranate juice, simple syrup
And it ain’t a good happy hour without food specials of course. Fortunately for hungry cheapskates, they’ve got $4-$6 small plates of braised shortrib, veal sweetbreads, celery root and green apple soup and an artichoke, ricotta and capicola cannelloni.
If you miss tomorrow’s Four at Checkers Downtown and love vodka instead anyway, you’ll be happy to know that next week’s featured spirit is Ultimat Vodka. Yup! $4 vodka cocktails.
535 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90071 (map)
Beer cocktail not from Essex
I’ve been waiting for this since Essex Public House opened back in July and mentioned “innovative beer cocktails” on their press release. And now finally this Hollywood barestaurant has added not only beer cocktails but beer floats (all $11 each) to its already extensive list of ways to booze it up. Yes, that would be in addition to its impressive beer list (60-plus beers) that was created by Beer Chick Christina Perozzi and cocktail menu.
- Nut & Honey: Baronjager, Nautical Nut Brown beer, Frangelico and honey simple syrup
- Ginger-“Ale”: Blanche de Bruxelles (a Belgian White Ale), Creme Cassis and Ginger Canton liqueur
- Blueberry Bomber: Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat and chocolate ice cream
- Espresso Bi-ru: Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout with vanilla ice cream and crushed Oreo
Duuude that Espresso Bi-Ru sounds dee-lish!
Essex Public House
6683 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, California 90028 (map)