Man, is this a busy week. Another post about a bunch of events happening in one day. But this is a very important day where you can dine out for a cure for cancer, an informative day where you can take a culinary class taught by renowned chefs and an indulgent day with specially priced ice cream treats.
1st Annual Dine Out for the Cure
For this one day, several Los Angeles restaurants will help you do a good deed. Have breakfast, lunch or dinner at any one and they will donate 10% of the day’s gross profits to Susan G. Komen for the Cure Los Angeles County Affiliate.
- BLVD 16 at the Palomar Hotel (Breakfast, Dinner) — Westwood
- Cafe Rodeo at the Luxe Hotel (Lunch, Dinner) — Beverly Hills
- Cezanne at Le Merigot Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) — Santa Monica
- Ford’s Filling Station (Dinner) — Culver City
- La Grande Orange Cafe (Dinner) — Pasadena
- Michael’s On Naples (Dinner) — Long Beach
- Roy’s restaurant
- Los Angeles (Lunch, Dinner)
- Pasadena (Dinner)
- Woodland Hills (Dinner)
- Rush Street (Lunch, Dinner, Lounge Reception) Culver City
- The Gardens on Glendon (Lunch) — Westwood
- The Madison (Dinner) — Long Beach
- The Organic Panificio Cafe (Lunch, Dinner) — Marina del Rey
- The Waterfront Restaurant (Dinner) — Marina del Rey
- The Zinc Lounge at the Shade Hotel (Lunch, Dinner) — Manhattan Beach
- West Restaurant & Lounge (Breakfast,Lunch, Dinner) — Brentwood
Culinary College Teaches Taste of Asia
Los Angeles Magazine‘s Culinary College is a three-part series where top L.A. chefs, mixologists, sommeliers and more teach folks how to cook as well as pair food and wine. Tonight’s class, the second in the series, features Wilshire’s Executive Chef Andrew Kirshner who will share his fine culinary techniques with aspiring cooks. Having just returned from Asia, he’s got a whole slew of Asian-inspired recipes to teach, like Steamed Carlsbad Mussels with red coconut curry broth and Vietnamese Summer Shrimp Rolls. Students will also be able to enjoy wine tastings from Ian Blackburn’s LearnAboutWine.
If you miss this class, the next one is on August 19 and will feature Chef Jason Travi of Fraiche and Riva.
- 7-9pm. $50. Snyder Diamond, 1399 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica (map). Reservations: Call Estrellita Dacanay (323) 801-0034.
Rowdy Red Wine and Burger’s $3 Milkshakes
Downtown burger and wine joint Rowdy Red Wine and Burger is making a bold claim and boasting they make the best milkshakes in L.A. And they might have something there considering their skyscraper-tall milkshakes available in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, Oreo, chocolate peanut butter and Peet’ coffee are only $3. Might have to do some investigating right after my dairy fast is up.
- Rowdy Red Wine and Burger, 505 S. Flower Street, Downtown (map).