OK, so you actually hate the French. If you’d rather not celebrate Bastille Day today, there are plenty of other things to do!
New Belgium Brewery Dinner at Akasha
This one sounds quite fabulous: a farmer’s market fresh dinner with all things made with beer and paired with beer! For only $45 you get a four-course beery dinner created by chef Akasha Richmond and New Belgium Brewery’s Eric and Lauren Salazar.
Check out this menu:
- Carlsbad Aquafarm Oysters and Lime Mignonette, Finley Farms Lemon Cucumber, Baja Sea Salt paired with Skinny Dip Summer Brew
- Beer Battered Calamari & Okra, Garcia Farms Citrus Aioli, Local Frissee, Celery Leaves, Meyer Lemon paired with Mothership Wit Organic Wheat Beer
- Mole Rojo Niman Ranch Beer Braised Pork Shoulder, Black Beans, Single Seed Pink Rice, Plantains paired with Fat Tire Amber Ale
- Flourless Black Ale Chocolate Torte, New Belgium Ice Cream, Root Beer Granita, Chocolate Dipped Almond Toffee paired with 1554 Enlightened Black Ale
You have to make a reservation to partake and hopefully there’s still room! Call (310) 845-1700.
- 7:30pm. $45. Akasha, 9543 Culver Boulevard, Culver City (map).
West 4th/Jane’s Inaugural First Tuesday
Get artsy and buzzed at new Santa Monica bar West 4th/Jane’s inaugural First Tuesday art event, which will feature a new artist every month. Tonight’s reception will showcase the eye-popping works of artist Chase, a Belgian transplant known for his colorful paintings that are actually hung all over the bar. So peruse his stuff and indulge in the complimentary wine, beer and live music. All the art is for sale and a portion of its proceeds go to benefit the Keep-A-Breast Foundation.
- 8pm. West 4th/Jane’s, 432 4th Street, Santa Monica (map).
Viceroy Santa Monica’s Taste of Tuesday
Every Tuesday this summer, the Viceroy in Santa Monica will have $5 cocktails and food bites poolside, perfect for relaxing after work. And every week it’s a different featured cocktail. Tonight check out Kai Vodka’s Kai Vino Martini — Kai vodka, muddled green seedless grapes, white wine and simple syrup. I’m actually going to be at this one for a private media version hosted by renowned cocktail blogger/author and fellow blogger prom committee member, The Liquid Muse Natalie Bovis-Nelsen! So see you around the cabanas.
- 6-9pm. Viceroy Santa Monica, 1819 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica (map). (310) 260-7511.