So mixologist Julian Cox at Rivera in downtown L.A. has revealed his list of new summer cocktails, including some classic favorites like a mint julep and sloe gin fizz, as well as yummy-sounding concoctions.
Don’t worry, old faves like the Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Strawberry Fields and Barbacoa will still be on the menu as well. And my fave, Donaji now uses a new mezcal so it has a brand-new taste.
Here are the highlights of the summer cocktail menu:
- 19th Century: Bourbon, lemon, crème de cacao, Antica Carpano
- Bensonhurst: Rye, Antica Carpano, Cynar, maraschino
- King’s Fizz: Rum, orange bitters, froth
- La Bamba: Dark rum, fresh peach, orange
- Love Stoned: Rye, bing cherry, lemon, orgeat syrup, plum berry tincture
- Maverick and Goose: Gin, lemon, Lillet, gooseberries
- Peruvian Daisy: Pisco, Curacao, Apricot eau de vie, fresh pineapple juice
- Queen’s Park Swizzle: Rum, mint, Angostura, Peychaud Bitters
- Rum Swizzle: Rum, lime, Curacao, Angostura, velvet falernum
1050 S Flower Street
Los Angeles, California 90015 (map)