Next to Copa d’Oro’s $5 vintage cocktails during its happy hour, I think 8 oz. Burger Bar actually has the second most affordable classic cocktails. For $8 you can get any of the following and that’s just regular prices! I know I already mentioned this in the original post last year but they’ve since expanded their menu.
Just some of their cocktails:
- Classic Manhattan: Rye whiskey, sweet Vermouth, bitters. Stirred.
- Moscow Mule: Vodka, ginger puree, lime juice, ginger ale.
- Rum Falernum: Extra anejo rum, handmade falernum (lime zest, ginger, clove, almond and vanilla).
- The Invisible Margarita: Crystal clear, served with salt.
- Aquamiel (honey water): Milagro Tequila, Lillet Blanc, lime juice, almond extract, honey syrup
- Cherry Vodka Sour: Cherry vodka, cranberry juice, homemade grenadine, lemon juice
- Strawberry Basil Gimlet: “Just like it sounds…delicious.” — 8 oz. menu
Can’t beat an $8 Manhattan. I also recommend the light and refreshing Invisible Margarita. Just has a tiny sprinkling of salt on the martini glass rim.
And I’m not a Bloody Mary fan but check out the $8 Bloody Mary Menu. Almost makes me want to reconsider. “Bacon-infused vodka”?
- Smokey Bacon: Bacon-infused vodka, Blood Mary mix, house-smoked tomato sauce and a bacon stir stick.
- Bloody Murder: Serrano-infused vodka, Blood Mary mix and habanero-salted rim, pickled pepper garnish.
8 oz. Burger Bar
7661 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90046 (map)