Yay! My new favorite bar, Copa d’Oro in Santa Monica, has kicked off its new happy hour featuring a “happy depression menu.” So now you can enjoy some of their fabulous market-fresh cocktails for only $5! And we’re not talking the sort of drinks you usually find at happy hours around the city. No apple martinis or mixed well cocktails, but actual vintage favorites.
Just some of the cocktails on the 12-drink happy hour menu:
- Aviation: Gin, maraschino liqueur, fresh lemon juice
- Dark & Stormy: Matusalem dark rum, fresh lime juice, homemade ginger beer
- Gold Rush: Bourbon, homemade honey syrup, fresh lemon juice
- Jack Rose: Applejack, fresh lime juice, homemade grenadine
- Pisco Sour: Pisco, fresh lime juice, pasteurized egg white
- Ward 8: Bourbon, homemade grenadine, fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice
You can also enjoy the yummy Bread Bar paninis (ham and cheese, turkey, tuna, PB&J, Nutella) at happy hour prices of $4-$6 instead of the usual $6-$9. If for some reason cocktails don’t do it for you, you crazy person, Dos Equis and Amstel Light are $4 while wine is $5.
Santa Monica, California 90401 (map)
Hours: All day Mondays, Tuesdays-Saturdays 6-8pm