For those who STILL haven’t tried Kogi BBQ yet, whether you’re scared away by the long lines or…are scared away by the long lines (OK that’s me), you’ll be happy to know that it looks like Kogi BBQ has acquired a “semi-permanent” location in Culver City. Yay! Westsiiide!
Yup, according to the Korean barbecue taco truck’s Web site, their Chef Roy will be taking over the kitchen at the Alibi Room. They say this starts February 24, which also happens to be Chef Roy’s birthday, but their Twitter this evening mentions something about pork belly specials tonight at 8pm. Hmmm, will have to check it out.
The prices will be a bit more than they are usually due to the location but apparently Chef Roy will be experimenting and creating goodies that he normally doesn’t get to on the truck.
Here’s the anticipated menu as listed on the site:
- Kogi 3 taco platter ($7): choice of short rib, spicy pork, bbq chicken, or tofu with salsa roja, cilantro-onion relish, green onion-cabbage slaw
- Kogi burrito ($6): the same way as a taco but with hash browns, eggs, and cheese
- Kimchi-sesame quesadilla ($5)
- Kogi dog ($6): kimchi sauerkraut, sesame mayonnaise, Korean spicy ketchup, and melted cheese
- Vegan sesame leaf taco platter ($5): Asian pear, tofu, and green onions and salsa roja
- Tofu and Citrus salad ($7): seasonal fruit, Korean herbs and sesame
- Daily torta ($9): could be egg and cheese, could be Kogi Hogi, could be pork belly, check with chef
- Kogi sliders ($5): your choice of meat on two soft buns with sesame mayonnaise
- Korean chili spiced fries ($5)
- Sesame salt dusted taro and lotus root chips ($5)
All I can say is thank goodness, cuz the last time I was at the Alibi Room their tacos were…welll, pretty sad. Now I can’t wait to knock back a Czechvar while enjoying the Kogi taco platter!
12236 Washington Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90066 (map)
Hours: Monday-Saturday 6pm-12am