For once, my goal is to do EVERYthing this weekend.
Thursday, August 7
La Perla Summer Sale
Thanks to Billion Dollar Babes, glamor gals can get 75% off luxurious lingerie, swimwear and ready to wear. The sale starts today and ends on Friday.
- Thursday and Friday, 10am-8pm. 433 North Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills (map).
Friday, August 8
Les Miserables in Concert
My sister and I used to LOVE singing songs from Les Miz. OK, we’d sing the entire musical…while sitting in our apartment. I wish she was here now for this particular Bowl concert with its all-star cast. This would be even better if it was a sing-a-long. Anyone wanna go?
- Friday and Saturday at 8:30pm; Sunday 7:30pm. $10-$149. 2301 N. Highland Avenue, Los Angeles (map).
Saturday, August 9
SusieCakes’ 2nd Birthday: Free Red Velvet Cake
Brentwood cupcakery SusieCakes is celebrating its 2nd birthday by passing out slices of its luscious red velvet cake from 10am to 7pm at all of its locations: Brentwood, Calabasas and Newport Beach.
- 10am-7pm. Various locations.
Farmers’ Market and West 3rd Street Food Tasting Tour
Oooh! Food walking tour! So you can eat and walk it off at the same time. This tour takes you from the Farmers’ Market to Beverly Center and back via 3rd Street. There’s Toast, Joan’s on Third and the Cook’s Library. So many yummy places to check out from cafes to gourmet markets to cookbook stores.
- 9:30am-1pm. $49. Farmers Market, W. 3rd Street & Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles (map).
Sixteen Candles Cemetery Screening
Who DIDN’T identify with poor, little Samantha Baker? Everyone has had their Jake Ryan one time or another. This has got to be one of John Hughes’ best if not THE best teen angst movie. And everyone was so young back then — Anthony Michael Hall, Joan and John Cusack, Molly Ringwald. BTW, what ever happened to the actor who played Jake?
- Gates at 7:30pm, film at new time of 8:30pm. $10 donation. Hollywood Forever Cemetery, 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard, Hollywood (map).
Sunday, August 10
8th Annual Lucques All-American Rib Roundup
POST EDIT: SOLD OUT. Mmm, this Sunday at Lucques you’ll find a huge variety of ribs to chow down on. They’ve got St. Louis-style pork ribs, braised beef back ribs, spicy lamb spare ribs and some hot chicken wings thrown in there for good measure. To mix it up, sides include cole slaw, baked beans, greens and cornbread. Sounds like a good deal for $45. Make sure to wear pants with an elastic band.
- 1-10pm. $45. Lucques, 8474 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles (map). (323) 655-6277.