Lots of fun stuff this weekend! The Brewery Art Walk, free cocktails and know-how by a Doheny barman, and grooving on the steps of City Hall. Oh, and yet another huge-ass sale. I guess I know where my bonus check is going.
Friday, April 4
Bar Keeper’s 2nd Anniversary Party
The Silver Lake vintage bar supply store celebrates its second year with Doheny’s own mixologist Marcos Tello teaching cocktail fans how to make his tequila specialty, the Medicina Latina cocktail with ginger and Mescal. Enjoy this free class with free drinks and toast to another year of sipping stylishly.
- 7:30-11:30pm. Free. The Barkeeper, 3910 W Sunset Boulevard, Silver Lake (map). (323) 669-1675.
Saturday, April 5
Brewery Art Walk
What better way to spend a beautiful weekend than strolling an art walk at an artists’ colony? You can check out art at 300 studios, purchase one-of-a-kind creations, chat with the artists themselves and of course enjoy lunch at Barbara’s. I’m going to hit this on Saturday with Crazy Andy and Shelley. Fun! Remember to stop by Hipcook Monika’s space where you can browse cookware AND fashion and jewelry.
- Saturday and Sunday, 11am-6pm. The Brewery, 2100 North Main Street, Downtown (map).
The Warehouse Sale
Everyone has been emailing me this sale — friends, co-workers, readers. OK, I get it. There’s going to be a two-day premium denim sale at the LA Convention Center this weekend. Well, Saturday is the “VIP” day ($10 through Goldstar) and Sunday is the general public day where you can get in for $5 or for free with an RSVP. Shop 20,000 square feet of sales where you’ll find premium denim, tops, pants, etc. for men and women for up to 80% off.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm. Free-$10 (through Goldstar). Los Angeles Convention Center, Petree Hall, 1201 S. Figueroa Street, Downtown (map).
Groove Armada with KCRW’s Jason Bentley at City Hall
Party down at City Hall with British sensation Groove Armada and KCRW’s Jason Bentley. Our city hall is also a live music venue, THAT’s how cool our city is.
- 6pm. $36.50. City Hall, 200 N. Spring Street (1st and Main Sts.), Downtown (map). (310) 450-5183.
Sunday, April 6
The Final Disneyland Tour of Downtown Los Angeles
This is the first time I’ve heard of this tour and unfortunately it’s the last day for it as well. This guy Charles Phoenix turns downtown L.A. into the happiest place on earth with his special six-hour bus and walking tour. Frontierland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland and even the Haunted Mansion are all there. You just have to know where to look and Mr. Phoenix will show you.
- 12-6pm. $75 (includes snacks, souvenirs, fares and fees. Lunch at Clifton’s Cafeteria. Meet in front of Union Station, 800 N. Alameda Street, Downtown.