Such a weird weekend: Bollywood dance lessons, the end-of-an-institution party, and a zombies meet-and-greet.
Friday, March 28
Last Chance for LF’s Only Sale of the Season
On a normal day, I’d steer clear of this store. Too expensive for me. But when it has a sale going on, I’m so there. Only a few more days left for LF’s 60% off storewide fall/winter clearance sale! $14 knit tops, $28 shoes, $32 dresses! Yay!
- Sale ends Sunday. Various LF Stores.
Rock Out Rivalry II: UCLA v. USC Battle of the Bands
We’ve seen the cross-town rivalry played out on the football field, on the basketball court and even in some sports bars, but not on stage. UCLA and USC bands compete to be rockers of the year. A competition worth watching cuz when it’s all said and done doesn’t it really come down to which school is the coolest?
- 9pm. Free through Goldstar (with $3 service charge). Level 3, 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood (map).
Brain Candy at the Nuart with Scott Thompson Q&A
I am a huuuge Kids in the Hall fan but in all honesty Brain Candy is my least favorite KitH endeavor. But the cool thing about this screening at the Nuart is that everyone’s favorite Kid Scott Thompson will be doing a Q&A! I wonder if any of the other Kids will show?
- 12am. $9.50. Nuart Theatre, 11272 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Los Angeles (map). (310) 281-8223.
Bollywood Dance Lessons at Tanzore
Forget ballroom dancing or salsa dance lessons, this has got to be the coolest dance class ever. Tanzore Restaurant & Lounge offers a monthly Bollywood dance lesson. Munch on Indian tapas and then join in the DJ afterparty after class.
- 8pm-9pm. $20. Tanzore Restaurant, 50 N. La Cienega Boulevard, Beverly Hills (map). (310) 652-3894.
Saturday, March 29
$1 Dance Lessons
Still itching to get your groove on after that Bollywood dance class? Try the $1 dance lessons at the Music Center Plaza where you can learn everything from the Korean Fan Dance to the Viennese Waltz. Each session is only 20 minutes long so see how many dances you can learn in five hours.
- 11am-4pm. $1 (purchase tickets at event, sales start at 10:30am). Music Center Plaza, 135 N Grand Avenue, Downtown (map).
2008 March Zombie Walk
Addicted to eating brains? Noticed that your limbs keep falling off? Fortunately there’s a place where you can meet likeminded soulless folks who won’t flee from you for a change: the Key Club for this first annual zombie meet-and-greet. Enjoy music, morbid merriment and the crowning of your zombie queen.
- 5pm. Key Club, 9039 W Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood (map).
Sunday, March 30
Dutton’s Final Party
Independent bookstore Dutton’s Brentwood closes its doors for the last time on April 30 but its final party goes off on Sunday. Join the institution’s many friends and employees in the courtyard to bid it a fond farewell and maybe shop the shelves one last time. Everything is at clearance prices.
- 5pm. Dutton’s Brentwood Bookstore, 11975 San Vicente Boulevard, Brentwood (map). (310) 476-6263.