Yay! The Bowl is back. Well, almost. The Hollywood Bowl 2008 Summer Season was just announced so you can check the site for who’s going to be performing at the KCRW World Festival concerts (cuz I know those are MY faves) and either subscribe to the series, Mr. & Ms. Moneybags!, or purchase tickets a la the “5 or more concerts” special.
This latter option allows you to not only get priority seating before the box office opens to the public May 10 but you also get a voucher good for two free reserved bench seat tickets and low handling fees per order.
I did a tentative check of how much five concerts for two people would cost me in the L-P section of the Bowl (this section is the cheapest offered with this current special) and it rounded up to $198.
Of course, if you wait til next month when the Encore special is effect, you can do the same “5 concerts or more” but with the cheapie nosebleeds which, at some concerts, have been known to go for $1 a seat in the X section and therefore sell out pretty quickly. Everyone knows the party’s in the back. I think I’ll hold out for that.
Cool picks (to me) are:
- June 22 – Thievery Corporation
- July 2-3 – Fireworks Spectacular: A Ball at the Bowl with the L.A. Dodgers
- July 20 – Feist
- July 22 – Mozart Under the Stars
- July 27 – Gnarls Barkley
- August 1-2 – Not the Messiah (He’s a Very Naughty Boy) with Eric Idle
- August 3 – Reggae Night VII (cough, cough)
- August 8-10 – Les Miserables in Concert
- August 13 – Etta James and The Roots Band
- September 3 – Bossa Nova at 50
- September 17 – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- September 19 – Sing Along Sound of Music
2301 N. Highland Avenue
Hollywood, California (map)