The one thing I don’t like so much about Christmas? Having to buy stuff for other people. That only gets me revved up to buy more stuff for myself. If you suffer the same dilemma, you’ll love the following sales cuz you can indulge and not feel too naughty for putting your holiday shopping list on hold.
DecadesTwo Semi-Annual Coco Chanel Show and Sale
Second-hand designer clothes shop, Decadestwo, has just acquired a huge collection of Chanel clothes, accessories and handbags from the mid-’90s to present day and will show and sell the select goods starting today for VIP guests and to the general public tomorrow through December 5.
- Tuesday, November 27 (VIP preview) and Wednesday, November 28 – Wednesday, December 5 (general public); Tue 6pm-8:30pm, Mon-Sat 11:30am-6pm, Sun 12pm-5pm. 8214 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles (map). (323) 655-1960.
Design Exposure Sample Sale
Designer Exposure’s clearance sale gets you up to 80% off designer duds, bags and shoes from the high-end likes of Gucci, Pucci, Chloe, Prada and more. Whether it’s a $350 Dior bikini marked down to $45 or a $10,000 Versace mink and leather coat now $2,495, they have something for every budget.
- November 29-December 1, Saturday 10am-7pm, Sunday 10am-4pm. 547 Westmount Drive, West Hollywood (map).
Divine Design Charity Sale
Billed as the “largest shopping fundraiser on the West Coast,” Divine Design’s special charity sale in the former Robinsons May building in Beverly Hills features designer merchandise in just about everything from home decor and furnishings to fashion to beauty/spa products. The best part is that 100% of the sales goes to Project Angel Food. So not only will you get 50-90% off the likes of Miss Sixty, Diane Von Furstenberg, Fred Segal and Diesel but you’ll be helping a very good cause to boot.
- $25. November 29-December 3, 10am – 10pm (Friday and Saturday) and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Sunday and Monday). 9900 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills (map).
Billion Dollar Babes’ Stuart Weitzman Sample Sale
I know you probably squealed with glee when you read “Stuart Weitzman Sample Sale.” Yes, it’s true. Stuart is having a sale on shoes and I’m not talking last season’s wedges but rather current fall styles — 5,000+ pairs straight from the Bev Hills boutique to be exact — which you can get anywhere from 50 to 80% off. Once more with feeling, “EEEEEEEEEEEEE!”
- November 30 (12 noon-8pm, BBB VIP members) and December 1 (9am-5pm public sale). 5979 West 3rd Street, #203. Los Angeles (map).
James Perse Holiday Sample Sale
These tops are sooo soft but admittedly cost more than I care to pay for a T-shirt. It’s a good thing for this James Perse holiday sample sale. Tees, tanks, tops, and bottoms for men, women, and babies at up to 70% off.
- 9am-5pm. Saturday, December 1. 6063 W. Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood (map).
** Goorin Hat Shop Friends and Family Holiday Event **
This hat shop has fabulous fedoras, kicky caps and bodacious beanies and for one day you can get 20% off your entire purchase. Unfortunately some styles aren’t included but I’m sure you’ll still be able to find something absolutely smashing on you.
- 11am-7pm. Saturday, December 1. 7627 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles (map). (323) 951-0393 .
Shecky’s Girls Night Out in Santa Monica
When you hear “cocktails” and “shopping” you probably think Shecky’s Girls Night Out. This five-hour-long shopping party has the usual shopping event suspects — fashion, beauty, cocktails and freebies. The Shecky’s goodie bag will come filled with stuff from Revlon, Sunsilk, The Soap Kitchen, Witchy Poo, Midori & more.
- $12.50-$25. 5-10pm, Wednesday-Thursday, December 5-6. Barker Hangar, 3021 Airport Avenue, Santa Monica (map).
Holiday Girls’ Night Out at Fashion Co-Op
At Fashion Co-Op’s own shopping party, you get up to 85% off fashions from over 150 of the newest designers. Shoppers will also get treated to wine and champagne tastings from 10 different wineries as well as spa treatments like eyelash applications and mini massages. On-site gift wrapping services are also available if you want to get some holiday shopping out of the way.
- $25-$50. 8pm-11pm. Friday, December 7. Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica (map).
Fashion Day Soiree Holiday Shopping Event
Spend a lovely evening shopping in the elegant Biltmore Hotel. Fashion Day Soiree’ holiday shopping event offers up to 60% off the latest clothing, denim, handbags, jewelry, accessories and gift items. On-site gift wrapping is available.
- $5-$10. 6pm. Thursday, December 13. Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Downtown (map).