The perfect treat to bring to those bbqs or fireworks spectating parties you’re going to hit this Fourth of July? Sprinkles, SusieCakes and Yummy have special holiday cupcakes just for the occasion. These would also be lovely to bring to the Hollywood Bowl’s Fireworks Spectacular.
Sprinkles Cupcakes offers its red velvet cupcake topped with a red or blue star. The special holiday flavor which is only available through July 3 is lemon blueberry, a lemon cake full of blueberries and topped with a lemon cream cheese frosting. $3.25 each/$36 a dozen.
SusieCakes is offering some basics this holiday but cutely decorated with patriotic colors. $3 each/$36 a dozen.
- The Fireworks Vanilla Cupcake has red, white and blue jimmies baked into the vanilla batter.
- The classic red velvet and the chocolate cupcake are also topped with the red, white and blue jimmies.
- Chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream is topped with red and blue sanding sugar and an American flag.
Yummy Cupcakes is offering a 4th of July Dozen Cupcake box which includes three each of summer-inspired flavors ($36.75):
- Apple pie: Apple cupcake with fresh apples, nutmeg and cinnamon with vanilla/apple/cinnamon buttercream frosting.
- Banana split: Vanilla bean cupcake centered with whipped cream, topped with chocolate/banana buttercream frosting, nuts and a cherry and you can choose caramel or chocolate drizzle to complete your split.
- Blueberry cream cheese: Vanilla bean cupcake baked with cream cheese and blueberries topped with cream cheese frosting.
- Strawberry shortcake: Vanilla bean cupcake with strawberries and topped with whipped cream.
_* NOTE: Since the cupcake stores will be closed on the Fourth, make sure to arrange to pick up your goodies the day before._